Business owners should plan
Preparations for Selling a Company
Business owners should plan and prepare for a sale as much in advance as possible, however sometimes market conditions dictate that it may be more profitable to sell now rather than wait. Whatever your timescale, The Axis Partnership can provide you with all the necessary tools and information to make selling a company as smooth and profitable as possible.
How, why and when to sell?
Selling a Company the Right Way:
At Axis we know that before setting the wheels in motion it’s important to have a comprehensive idea about how, why and when you should sell your company.
If this is the year you are considering selling your business or indeed over the next five years, you have come to the right place. We offer free confidential consultations including a free valuation of your business. Perhaps you are a ‘baby boomer’ looking to retire or with a pension annuity to invest in business?
- Purchasers normally seek justifiable and sensible reasons for your selling a company, so make sure all objectives are clear and easy to understand.
- Obtain a realistic view of the potential sale price and deal structure.
- Research possible purchasers. Prepare the business in the most advantageous way to meet their reasons for purchase.
- Review the management of your business. It is desirable that the business can function without the seller.
- Ensure there is a good spread of customers and / or secure contracts. Address issues relating to customer relationships before beginning your sale.
- Consider how to maximise profits. Purchasers will often look for a steady growth in a business and sudden profit boosts will not necessarily be seen as a benefit.
- Axis will be able to advise you on all aspects of managing your expenses and growth before a sale.
- Focus on the business plan of your company. Purchasers are more likely to consider a niche business that has a logical structure.
- Confidentiality is essential when selling a company as employees may be unsettled by a prospective sale. Retention of key employees is also important and incentives should be considered.
- Your professional advisors must be fully briefed and prepared.
- You must pay special attention to your existing and future tax position.
Years of expertise
Beyond the Initial Planning
When selling a company preparing to implement planning can often turn up new problems to overcome. Our years of expertise means we can prepare you for any eventuality and your specialist business sales advisors will be on hand to guide you through every step of the sales process, providing reliable and confidential support when you need it the most.